Thanksgiving Labor of Love
All families deserve a meal on the table during the Thanksgiving holiday, but many go without. To address this need, the MBFF is hosting its first-ever Thanksgiving Labor of Love food distribution event in November 2021. Families will receive turkeys, pantry boxes, water, pies, and other necessities. There will be pumpkins and prizes for a festive kick-off to the holiday season for participating families.
Working with nine partner agencies, the MBFF is slated to reach 135 families (540 individuals). Partner agencies include:
- Charlotte Community Health Center
- Charlotte Latin School
- East Voyager Academy of Charlotte
- Families Forward Charlotte
- Goodwill Industries of the Southern Piedmont
- Mecklenburg County, Department of Community Resources
- Mental Health America of Central Carolinas
- Pineville Neighbors Place
The MBFF is grateful for its major sponsor, Mr. George Shinn. Other key sponsors include Healthy Blue NC and CPI Security Systems. In-kind sponsors include Food Lion and Lowe’s.
Please CLICK HERE for a flyer about all of our current community service events.